When trying to accept a calendar invitation from people at a particular domain, sogo threw an error:
ERROR: Incorrect string value: 'xF0x9Fx93xB6Tu...' for column `sogo`.`sogo_quick_appointment`.`c_description` at row 1
This prevented me from accepting their invitation and adding it to my calendar.
Someone else had a similar issue recently.
They referenced this bug ticket as a solution:
If you are using MySQL / MariaDB, you need to change the charset of the table set in OCSStoreURL. Set charset_set to utf8mb4 Set collation to utf8mb4_bin SQL (where sogo_store is the name of your table) : `ALTER TABLE sogo_store CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_bin;` `ALTER TABLE sogo_store MODIFY c_content MEDIUMTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_bin;`
Now, in my case, the table was not
sogo_quick_appointment. And I did not have
c_content, but the error related to
c_description, so I changed it to that, but I’m not sure it had any effect after the first command. (I could be wrong.)
I tried restarting
sogo, but this had no effect. Fortunately, rebooting the server did.
Fixing the logrotate issue
While looking into this, I noticed that the log file,
/var/log/sogo/sogo.log was far too big - 1.4GB! So
logrotate hadn’t been doing its job for a while.
I did a dry run, with
logrotate -d /etc/logrotate.d/sogo, and it indicated that the permissions on
/var/log/sogo were set too permissively. I
chmod’d it to
700, and ran it again. It worked.